Topic Of The Week: Extremes & Choice
Do you sometimes dream of an easy, uncomplicated life, without conflicts and other problems? Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the path to your dreams and goals were like a high-speed train and not a roller-coaster or a trolley in a maze?
Thoughts on roller-coasters:
- going up: (too) slow, impatient, anticipation
- at the top: enjoying the view, about to go down
- going down: losing the view, (too) fast, gathering momentum for going up
- upside-down: fear, change of perspective, lack of orientation
- in between rides: boredom, time-out and relaxation
- what is the destination?
Thoughts on high-speed trains:
- defined destination
- reaching the destination fast
- no detours or alternatives
- letting go
- relaxation or boredom
- what to do with the time saved?
Thoughts on trolleys in a maze:
- slow process
- lack of orientation
- back and forth – and again
- sidetracks leading to dead-ends
Which times of your life would you describe as a roller-coaster, a high-speed train or a trolley in a maze? Were these times somehow related to each other? Did they help you to advance in some way?
Enjoy the ride 🙂
Can you think of a friend or colleague who might be interested in this post? For instant email click on the button below.