Topic Of The Week 14th – 20th August 2011: Extremes and Choice
+ +++ +++ Site News +++ +++ +
Have a happy weekend
+ +++ +++ This & That +++ +++ +
Extreme? >>> Asparagus 8-layer-cake
One link to five videos on “Happiness”
- video 1: Dan Gilbert, author of “Stumbling on Happiness”, describes the human brain as an “experience simulator”
- video 2: Nobel laureate and founder of behavioral economics Daniel Kahneman on the implications of how our “experiencing selves” and our “remembering selves” perceive happiness in different ways
- video 3: Mihaly Czikszentmihalyi, best known for his work “Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience”, asks “What makes a life worth living?”
- video 4: Psychologist Barry Schwartz questions whether freedom of choice makes us happier
- video 5: Martin Seligman talks about “The 11th Reason to be Optimistic”
+ +++ +++ Inspiring Success Stories +++ +++ +
Post the story of your own small and big successes in the comments section. Next week it will be featured in this spot. Nobody posted a success story last week – be the first
+ +++ +++ Question(S) Of The Week +++ +++ +
How do you make extremes meet?
+ +++ +++ Quoted +++ +++ +
“Extremes meet, and there is no better example than the haughtiness of humility.”” Ralph Waldo Emerson
+ +++ +++ Creativity Prompt: Write, Draw, Paint, Make, Sing, Dance +++ +++ +
What colour are you today? How does it make you feel?
You’re welcome to post your response in the comments section
Can you think of a friend or colleague who might be interested in this post? For instant email click on the button below.